Thursday 25 August 2011

JOCKTOBERFEST!

BEER, BRATWURST & BANDS!

What more could you possibly require I ask myself? It would seem nothing. What am I babbling on about?

The Black Isle Brewery of course! I love the Black Isle Brewery. And all their beers (especially the organic blonde. I do love a good busty blonde... erm, I digress). So when I ventured up a few weeks back to visit the brewery and stock up on supplies I heard about this mystical jocktoberfest and was immediately hooked!

From the website:

***
Jocktoberfest will undoubtedly be the 'Greatest Scottish Beer Festival in the World'.

The princely sum of 'not a penny' will gain you entry and camping to live bands, organic food and unique beers from some of Scotland's finest breweries.

We are the Black Isle Brewing Co. and this is Jocktoberfest! Jocktoberfest at the Black Isle Brewing Co. on Friday 9th and Saturday 10th September 2011.
***


Sounds pretty great eh? And with special German brews from Tryst Brewery, Highland Brewing Co, Tempest Brewing Co, Fyne Ales and the Black Isle themselves it's certain to be a winner.

I'm banking on it pouring down with rain all weekend mind you, so I'll be bringing my wellies. See my T in the Park school boy error previously for details.

The brewery itself is located just over the Kessock Bridge in Inverness and with a recently opened shop, is a wonderful wee place to visit. Not only do they provide free tours and tastings they also have a range of beers / chutneys / glassware and merchandise for sale and a very friendly dog guarding the premises when a tour is in progress.

One thing that immediately struck me is how clean and pristine the whole place is. Especially in comparison with some other breweries I've visited recently! (who shall remain nameless).

Needless to say, I bought pretty much everything on offer and Jocktoberfest will be a good excuse to stock up again. I've already convinced several others to join me for the weekend and can't wait to be heading along the A9 (in the rain) to get the tent set up.

Oh, and don't forget to register to attend.

SAVE THE PLANET DRINK GERMANIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment